Marine Electrician Job Description
Reports to: Fitting Foreman
Yacht Marine Electrician installs and commissions electrical and electronic systems on yachts in a fast paced production environment.
- Use tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Use common stationary power tools
- Perform drilling and cutting operations in metals
- Select and use appropriate fasteners and fittings
- Follow safe yard and marina practices
- Perform basic math calculations
- Perform accurate measurement operations
- Perform layout and fitting operations
- Interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
- Understanding of basic electrical theory
- Use electrical measurement tools
- Install and commission onboard yacht electrical systems. ie. AC systems, DC distribution systems, inverters, marine electronics, battery systems, alternator charging systems, generator sets, alarms, gauges and senders.
- Identify production issues
- Maintain an organized work area
- Care for company and customer property
- Provide and maintain personal hand tools
- Basic computer skills
- Certified as a Marine Electrician or experience working directly in the marine industry in a role that matches the required Occupational Duties noted above
- A combination of related trades experience and marine systems that demonstrates competency as a Marine Electrician.
- Those with demonstrated competency in either mechanical or electrical aspects of the Occupational Duties will be considered for specialized roles.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.