Coastal Craft Welded Aluminum Boats is looking for Aluminum Fabricator/Welders to join the team at their manufacturing location in Gibsons.
Qualified candidates will be proficient in working with Aluminum Plate, Sheet, and Extrusions.
- Be able to figure, layout, cut and fit, complex parts and shapes, using blueprints, existing structures and template materials with limited supervision.
- Have the ability to produce quality welds utilizing push/pull welding machines during fit up and installation of fabricated parts is required.
- Be proficient in marking, scribing, cutting, bending and installing to close tolerances (+/- 1.5875 MM – 1/16”) is required.
- Have the ability to take and follow complex write and oral instructions as given by lead or supervisor
- Have the ability to finish welding work to high standards of appearance using grinder’s, die grinders, routers and other finishing tools to maintain quality
- Have the ability to inspect completed welds to ensure quality according to established standards
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum one-year experience with various forms of fabrication
- Minimum one-year boat building
- Experience with basic hand tools
- Aluminum Tig welding experience and skills are an asset
- Proficient with:
- Grinders – Air Die Grinder, 6” Electric Grinder/Sander
- Saws – Reciprocating, Circular, Chop, Band, Table
- Drills – Air, Electric, Hand Drill, Drill Press, Routers
- Other power tools
- Use of Power Shear and Press Brake would be an asset.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Must be able to bend and maneuver in tight places, climb up and down ladders/ramps on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment is industrial manufacturing and requires work in both indoor and outdoor locations.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note only those applicants selected for a shortlist will be contacted.